Call for Papers – Abstracts Due February 28, 2018
Natural Hazards Review
Special Collection: The 2017 Disasters, Sociotechnical Perspectives
Invitation to Contribute:
The Journal is soliciting manuscripts, specifically on 2017 disasters, to be considered for publication in a new collection, entitled “The 2017 Disasters: Sociotechnical Perspectives”.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
– characterization of resilience in practice
– methods of monitoring resilience
– case studies of actual disaster events
– models to measure rate of change in communities
– comparison of costs (investing in resilient strategies vs. cost of disaster recovery)
Email a 150-200-word abstract to the guest editors, Louise Comfort (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nasim Uddin (email@example.com), by February 28, 2018. Please make sure the topic is 2017 disasters. State the title of the special collection “The 2017 Disasters: Sociotechnical Perspectives” in the subject line.
Submission of abstracts close: February 28, 2018
For more details please download the Call for Papers PDF linked here.