Ground Related Risk to Transportation Infrastructure Geological Society Conference
October 26 - October 27
The Ground Related Risk to Transportation Infrastructure Geological Society Conference held on October 27-27, 2017 will focus on best practice for managing geotechnical infrastructure and is supported by the UK Geotechnical Asset Owners Forum.
The conference will provide an opportunity to showcase innovative, industry leading approaches to holistic and tactical risk management across geotechnical infrastructure.
- Strategic management of risk for portfolios of geotechnical assets, including policy development, application and use within regulated industries
- Identification, assessment and management of ground-related hazards to transportation infrastructure
- Identification, assessment and management of hazards relating to natural slopes and hazards from third party land in proximity to transportation infrastructure
- Assessment and management of changing risk during asset deterioration, including monitoring procedures and methods
- Operational responses to geotechnical asset failures impacting on transportation infrastructure
- Assessment of Whole Life Cost and Value, including modelling, development of input data and validation of outputs
- Current state of thinking in assessing climate change and dynamic weather events that impact of geotechnical infrastructure