CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE ASSOCIATION OF GEOHAZARD PROFESSIONALS (AGHP):
TERM 2018 – 2020
The Association of GeoHazard Professionals (AGHP), in accordance with its bylaws, will hold elections in 2017. AGHP Members will have the opportunity to elect seven (7) Board Members. Each of the elected members will serve a three-year term, effective 9 January 2018.
The AGHP encourages any member who is interested in furthering the AGHP Mission to consider standing for one of the following Board positions.
- President (shall be elected from Directing Member designees)
- Vice President (shall be elected from Directing Member designees)
- Treasurer (shall be elected from Directing and Corporate Member designees)
- Secretary (shall be elected from Directing and Corporate Member designees)
- Two (2) Corporate Member Representatives (shall be elected from Corporate Member designees)
- Individual Member Representative (shall be elected from Individual Membership)
NOMINATION & ELECTION SCHEDULE
Under the bylaws of the AGHP, only AGHP Members are eligible for election to the Board.
CALL FOR NOMINEES
8 November 2017 – 28 November 2017
: A signed letter of application together with a biographical note (not exceeding 12 lines) and a photograph should reach the AGHP Executive Administrator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28 November 2017. Once all nominations have been received and reviewed, biographical notes and photos will be published on the AGHP website.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF NOMINEES
6 December 2017
The AGHP will announce the eligible candidates on the AGHP website. All AGHP Members will be notified by email and encouraged to review the candidates’ biographies in preparation for the voting period.
3 January, 2018 – 7 January, 2018
Voting instructions will be sent to each eligible member via email. Each member may vote once. All voting will be done electronically.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
8 January, 2018
AGHP Members will be made aware of the successful candidates via email and website. If you have any questions or would like any further information on the election process or the duties involved with becoming a Board Member, please contact the Executive Administrator at email@example.com, +1 561 807 9017.